If you’ve ever had the experience of trying to put on a set of Blundstone boots, you may have found it surprisingly difficult. Why are these classic leather boots so hard to slip on?
Sure, there’s the iconic elasticated side-panel that requires more effort than usual to pull up your leg – but is that really all there is stopping them from being easy-on and off?
The answer might surprise you: in this post we’ll explore why some people find getting into their Blunnies a daunting task, and how they can make it easier. So grab yourself a cup of coffee (or something stronger!) and join us as we dive in!
Why are Blundstone Boots so Hard to put on?
Blundstone boots are known for being tough and hard-wearing, but sometimes people find that they are difficult to put on. This is because the elasticated leather and rubber in the back of the boot make it quite stiff, so it takes effort to pull them up your leg and onto your feet.
The steel shank running through the sole also makes them much less flexible than other types of boots. To help you get into your Blundstones more easily, you can use a shoehorn or even just push down on the tongue with one hand while pulling up with the other. With some practice, putting on these tough and durable boots will become second nature!
To ensure they last as long as possible, remember to always protect them from water and mud and clean them regularly. With proper care, your Blundstone boots should keep you comfortable and stylish for years to come.
Properly caring for your Blundstone boots is just as important as putting them on in the first place. Regular cleaning with a soft cloth or brush will help protect the leather upper and rubber sole from dirt, dust and other debris.
You can also apply a waterproofing spray or cream to the leather before wearing in wet or snowy conditions. Additionally, make sure to let them air out after use so they don’t become damp or stuffy inside. By taking these simple steps, you can ensure your beloved boots last longer!
Why are Blundstone Boots so Hard to put on? 10 Reasons
1. The boots have a robust construction, with thick leather and heavy-duty rubber soles that make them difficult to slip on.
2. The boot’s steel shank is designed to provide increased stability and strength, making it hard to wiggle your feet into the boot.
3. Blundstones are designed with an elastic gore at the sides of the ankle which makes it harder to get your foot in as they are designed to fit snugly around your ankles for extra support and comfort.
4. The boots come up high on the shin and ankle so you need a bit more effort when putting them on compared to other styles of shoes or boots.
5. The lacing system of the Blundstone Boot can be quite tricky, especially if you’re used to more conventional lacing systems.
6. The boot is constructed with a firm heel counter, which helps to provide extra support and stability but also makes it harder to get your foot in the boot at first.
7. As Blundstones are designed for outdoor activities, they often come with thick and durable leather uppers that add some stiffness when putting them on.
8. The steel toe-cap of the boots can make them slightly heavier than normal shoes, so getting both feet in can take a bit of effort!
9. The rubber soles usually come pre-fitted with insoles, meaning there’s an extra layer between your sock and the sole making it hard to get your foot in.
10. The soles of Blundstone boots are designed to be extra tough and durable so they have a harder surface that can take more wear-and-tear, which makes them hard to slip on at first.
In conclusion, the reason why Blundstone boots are so hard to put on is due to their design features such as thick leather uppers, steel toe-cap, pre-fitted insoles, rubber soles with extra toughness and durability. All these features work together to make the boot solid but also difficult to slip into at first. However, once you do manage to break-in your Blundstone boots, you’ll be rewarded with a comfortable fit and extreme durability that won’t let you down.
Why are Blundstones so tight?
This is due to the quality construction of the boot. Blundstone boots are made with reinforced toes which helps keep the shape and structure of the boot in place, meaning that it will not stretch out over time. This also prevents any uncomfortable bulging or shifting of the foot within the shoe, giving you a secure fit each time you put them on.
The leather material used in these boots is treated and moulded to be long lasting, so they won’t lose their shape even after years of wear. Additionally, all Blundstone styles feature an elastic sideseam panel which helps provide a snug fit while still allowing plenty of flexibility when wearing them.
They also have cushioned insoles for added comfort and support while walking. All these features combined make Blundstone boots the perfect combination of form and function. So, if you’re looking for a shoe that will fit well and last for years to come, look no further than a pair of Blundstones!
How do you loosen Blundstones?
5 Ways To Stretch Your Blundstones
For Maximum Comfort
1. Use a blowdryer: A hot blast of air with a blow dryer can help to warm and soften the leather around your boots. This will make them more comfortable and easier to slip on and off. Be sure to use low heat and keep the nozzle of the dryer at least 1 foot away from the leather to protect it from damage.
2. Wear them with thick socks: Thick socks provide extra cushioning and help break in your Blundstones quicker than wearing them alone. Try wearing thicker wool or cotton socks when you first start wearing your new boots, or even two pairs of thinner socks for maximum effect.
3. Wear them around the house: One of the best ways to break in your Blundstones is simply to wear them as often as possible. The more you wear them, the softer and more comfortable they’ll become. Try wearing your boots around the house while completing tasks like doing laundry or vacuuming, rather than just going out for short walks.
4. Use shoe trees: Shoe trees can help maintain and stretch the proper shape of your boot, making it easier to slip on and off over time. Place a pair of shoe trees into each boot after you take them off and leave them overnight before wearing again to give the leather time to conform to their new shape.
5. Use a boot stretcher: Boot stretchers are specially designed tools that provide a manual method for stretching the leather of your boots. They’re usually made from plastic and metal and can be inserted into the boot, where they will gently expand to stretch out the leather in specific areas. Boot stretchers are a great tool if you have trouble with a particular part of your boot feeling too tight or constricting.
Are Blundstone boots hard to get on?
The answer is no! Blundstone boots are designed to be slip-on and easy to put on and take off. They also feature a unique elastic fit that helps keep the boot snug and secure around your foot, making them even easier to get into. If you’ve ever struggled with lacing up regular shoes, then you’ll definitely appreciate how effortless it is to put on Blundstones.
Furthermore, their pull-tabs at the back make them even easier to slide on, so regardless of what size your feet are, getting into a pair of Blundstones won’t be an issue.
So whether you’re looking for something comfortable for everyday wear or require some rugged outdoor footwear, Blundstone boots are an excellent choice that won’t take up too much time when you need to slip them on. They provide all the comfort and protection of regular boots with none of the hassle.
How do you make Blundstones easier to get on? 10 Tips
1. Before putting on your boots, make sure to wear socks that are not too thick or too thin. Thick socks can make it difficult to slip into the boot and thin socks may cause blisters.
2. Use a quality shoehorn – this will help you get into the boots more easily by providing leverage when slipping your foot in.
3. To prevent any excess dirt from getting inside the boot, try lightly brushing off any debris on the exterior of the boot before wearing them.
4. If you are having difficulty with laces, use a loop lace system which creates loops within laces and makes lacing up much easier while still keeping a secure fit when walking.
5. When first trying on Blundstones, do not wear tight clothing that may hinder movement. Loose fitting clothing or jeans are best when trying on boots for the first time.
6. When breaking in new Blundstones, start by wearing them around the house for short periods of time to allow your feet to get used to the fit and shape of the boot. Gradually increase the amount of walking you do each day in them until you can comfortably walk a full day without issue.
7. Apply a waterproofing spray before wearing your boots in wet conditions to ensure they stay dry throughout use. Additionally, regularly cleaning and conditioning leather models will help keep the material from drying out and cracking over time.
Is it normal for Blundstones to be tight?
Generally speaking, yes. Because of the quality construction and materials used in Blundstone boots, they may feel a little tighter than other brands. However, because Blundstones are highly durable, you will find that with some wear they become softer and more comfortable as they start to conform to your feet.
It is recommended to try on different sizes to find which one fits best for you. Additionally, it is important to keep in mind that leather stretches over time so if a boot feels too tight initially it will eventually loosen up and fit comfortably when broken in properly.
Therefore, even if your Blundstones seem tight at first, don’t worry—their quality construction should ensure optimal comfort with regular wear!
Do Blundstones hurt at first?
While it is true that Blundstone boots may require a break-in period, this should not be painful. In fact, the leather lining of Blundstones ensures feet have a comfortable fit from day one.
The boots do need time for the leather to soften and mould to your feet – usually only a few days or weeks. During this time, you may experience some mild discomfort as your feet adjust to the new fit.
This can be minimized by wearing your Blundstones around the house; going out for short walks; and gradually increasing activity levels while in them.
With proper care and wear, they will soon become like second skin! If you find there is still considerable discomfort after breaking them in, please contact customer service for further advice and help.
Is there a way to stretch Blundstone boots?
Yes, there is a way to stretch Blundstone boots. The best way to do this is to take them back to the store where you purchased them or take them to a professional cobbler who can help you properly and safely stretch your Blundstones.
Depending on how much stretching is needed, they may be able to use a stretcher machine with adjustable pressure settings which will ensure that the leather stretches evenly and correctly.
If your boots need more intense stretching, they may also use some heat-based products such as creams and sprays in combination with hand-stretching techniques. This should help alleviate any discomfort caused by tightness across the instep of your boots.
Stretching your Blundstone boots properly will not only help improve comfort but will also ensure that their fit and shape is maintained over time. It’s a great way to get the most out of your favorite pair of Blundstones!
When stretching your boots, be sure to follow all instructions provided by the cobbler carefully and make sure that they are using appropriate methods for stretching your particular type of leather. Additionally, it’s important to remember that too much stretching can also cause damage or warping.
So don’t overstretch – just enough to provide extra room in the instep area should do the trick. Finally, keep in mind that stretching may affect other areas of the boot such as the heel counter or leg opening; so be sure you are comfortable with the overall shape and fit of your Blundstone boot after stretching.
By taking some time to carefully stretch your boots, you can get more wear out of them and enjoy a comfortable fit for longer. It’s just another way to ensure that your beloved Blundstones last as long as possible.
At first, Blundstone boots can feel extremely tight and difficult to put on. This is because of the quality construction of the boot; it features a reinforced toe box which helps keep the shape and structure in place, meaning that over time they won’t stretch out. This also means that your foot will stay perfectly secure within the shoe without any shifting or bulging while you are putting them on.
The trick to getting these boots on with ease is to start by unlacing them as far down as you can go before you even attempt to put your foot inside. Then, once your toes are in and your heel is firmly pushed into the back of the boot, pull up on each side of the laces so it creates a snug fit around your foot. This will help the boot to easily slide all the way up your leg until it rests at a comfortable level. With this method, your Blundstone boots should be on in no time!
The quality construction of Blundstone boots is part of what makes them so great, but it can also make them a bit challenging to put on. Taking the extra few minutes to follow this process however, you can ensure that every time you put your boots on they provide you with a secure and comfortable fit. So don’t let their hard-to-put-on reputation scare you away from owning these fantastic boots – just use the tips above and you’ll have them on in no time!
By following the simple steps above, you should finally be able to get your Blundstone boots on with ease. Start by loosening the laces and then, using your thumbs, press down on the back of the boot while pushing up from the toe and heel until it opens wide enough for your foot to slide in easily.
Then just pull up on both sides of the ankle toggle or use a shoe horn if necessary and continue to lace them up as you normally would. This should help them sit snugly around your feet so that they can easily slide all the way up your leg until it rests at a comfortable level. With this method, your Blundstones should be on in no time!